this is our first recipe on our blog!
i learned how to make this shepherd's pie when i lived in london.
my favorite winter food. so easy to cook as well.
ingredients (serves four)
- 5 potatoes (medium)200-250g of minced beef
- 1 carrot (medium)
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 3 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2 cups of beef stock
- a bit of cinnamon and thyme
1. preheat oven at 200C
2. peel potatos, cut in good size, boil them until soft
3. drain water and mash the potatos with a bit of butter
4. cook one medium onion in a large frying pan, cook until brown
5. add minced beef
6. when cooked, add a small tin of peas and diced carrots
7. cook until carrots are soft-ish
8. add 2 tbsp of flour
9. straight away, add tomato paste and beef stock
10. the sauce should get a little thick
11. add a bit of cinnamon and thyme for added flavour
read to combine now!
12. in a gratin plate, add the meat mixture
13. put the mashed potatos on top - dont worry if its not "even",
a rough touch makes it rustic-looking!
14. cook in preheated oven (200c) for 15-20mins until surface is golden brown
enjoy this lovely winter recipe with a glass of red wine!
you can also accompany the meal with a fresh salad.
hmm yummy yum yum! enjoy!